Tuesday, June 3, 2014

In ward focus, Forward Movement!

 

Today, I arrived to the gym excited about what I was going to accomplish today, so that I can share it with you. Well, I got there and realized I forgot my head phones and was not going to be able to listen to my worship or get my praise on. I was bummed and really did not feel like working out, but I thought about how well I slept last night, I thought about my quest for becoming more healthy, and I thought about my commitment to myself to try to work out when I can.  I made up in my mind that I was going to still work out. Again, it was hard, but I kept my inner focus. I realized that there comes a time that we must do the work in spite of! There are going to be times we do not have our music, friends, family, and whatever we feel we need to pump us up, encourage us, and/or give us wisdom that directs us.

I thought about something else today, my husband loves to work out and he is always telling me to work out and eat right, but I use to be so frustrated with him. The reason being is because I felt like he was not trying to help me. We would go to the gym and he would do his own thing and not try to motivate me, give me a workout plan, and when I finished he never said good job sweetie. Now, I know my hubby loves me and he is there with me, but I felt as if I could not do this without him doing these things. I started to think about God, He is Omni present, but there are times we feel distant from Him, times we question, "Why are you not helping me?" "Why are you not giving me a plan or direction?" "Do not just bring me into a situation and leave me." God just like my husband is there! He will never leave us or forsake us, but what my hubby was trying to say is "baby, it is time to do the work." It is time to take a hold of what you want and it is going to take more than me telling you that you can do it! You must believe you can.  If something went wrong with me in that gym my husband would be right there! He showed me a while back how to use the equipment, so now I have to do the work. God has given us the necessary tools to do the work!  It might be hard, but you can love! Each of us have a different routine when we work out? You might have to start with the treadmill of forgiveness, you might be one that has to stand tall and step up on that beast ( stair master) and ask for forgiveness; burning away that pride. You might even have to shoulder the weights of obedience!  I am not sure where you are at; it does not matter where you start, but what matters is that you start!

Faith without works is dead – Inner focus produces forward movement! # Persistence & Progress.

 
 
Tiffany James, Encouraging Touch Enterprise
"Give a gift that creates a Legacy to Encourage, Inspire, and Bless those you love for a life time"

2 comments:

  1. thanks sis, you encouraged my soul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome.. be Blessed and stay encouraged.

      Delete